Comment on page
Configuring a Custom Theme
Choose a custom theme to modify how Highlight and Share shows on the frontend
Choosing a Custom Theme Presents Several Configuration Options
When selecting a custom theme, you will be presented with several options to configure how Highlight and Share shows up on the frontend.
This section will go over the various customization options that are available.
You can choose to show or hide the labels of the social networks.
Hide the Labels for a Condensed Share Effect
Show the Labels for Impact
You can customize the labels in the main Settings tab when enabling social networks.
When the items are grouped, you can edit the social networks all at once together.
Item Grouping Allows Editing All Items Together
You can adjust:
- The background color and background color on hover for all the icons
- The text color and text color on over (if labels are enabled)
- Adjust the border radius of the container
- Set icon padding for all icons at once
- Increase or decrease the icon size for all items
- Set the font size of the labels (if labels are enabled)
- Show or hide tooltips
- Set vertical or horizontal orientation of the icons
To edit the icons individually, you can ungroup the the social networks.
Edit each Social Network Individually
When items are ungrouped, you can configure the colors of each social network icon individually.
Select each Social Network to Change Colors Per Network
Just click on each social network tab to adjust the colors for each network.
Adjust the Icon Settings in (Un)grouped mode
In addition to configuring colors, you can customize the appearance of:
- The individual icon border radius
- The individual icon padding
- The icon size
- The font size of the label (if enabled)
- The gap between the social networks
- Enable or disable tooltips
- Set the orientation to horizontal or vertical
To view how the changes will look on the frontend, you can view the theme preview at the bottom of the appearance settings.
Theme Preview in the Appearance Settings Tab